As a recipient of Seated Massage, you are required to read, sign and submit this document prior to any massage time received from Seated Massage practitioners. Please sign and submit at the end of this page.
- Seated Massage provides our clients with professional vetted, insured massage practitioners.
- We and they make every effort to provide all recipients with quality, safe and ethical professional massage services.
- We require you to be transparent with your massage practitioner regarding your current health.
- Re: Vaccine rollout – Massage is contra-indicated (not to be applied) if you have received a vaccination within the 3 days prior to our visit. Please advise your practitioner or your employer and exclude yourself from receiving a massage this time.
- A dual responsibility exists regarding the disclosure of recipient health information.
- It is the responsibility of your attending massage practitioner to verbally request current health information from you.
- It is equally your responsibility to advise your attending massage practitioner prior to your massage start, of any current health issues or concerns you have.
- This, in turn, helps your practitioner determine how to apply and even whether to apply massage this visit. There are instances when it is deemed unethical to apply massage due to recipient ill health or other current health issues.
Safe Massage protocols and policies (COVID-19).
- Your Seated Massage practitioner will sanitise all equipment and their hands before each individual treatment. SM practitioners may wear masks as a safe massage measure.
- As part of your treatment process, your employer or your Seated Massage practitioner may request you receive a temperature check and/or wearing of masks as a safe massage measure.
- Seated Massage practitioners may request each recipient sanitise their hands immediately before their chair, roving/at-desk or table massage as a preventative measure.
- You are required to notify your practitioner before treatment if you have returned from travel (international or interstate) within the past two weeks.
- You are required to notify your practitioner before treatment if you have any acute respiratory symptoms (cough, sore throat, shortness of breath) or fever prior to treatment.
- You are required to notify your practitioner before treatment if you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with acute respiratory infection (ie: COVID-19, Influenza) prior to treatment.
- You are required to notify your practitioner if you have received a vaccination within a 3 day period just prior to our visit.
- Whether masks must be worn and/or temperature checks taken will be determined by your employer after discussion with Seated Massage and your attending practitioner.
Updated Seated Massage Safe Massage Policies and Protocols can be viewed here.
- Seated Massage and its representing practitioners respect the confidentiality of the information you provide. We will not disclose any information to third parties unless required to do so by law.
- Although we take great care, please be aware all recipients of Seated Massage are ultimately responsible for any issues that may arise from withholding health information from their attending practitioner or providing incorrect health information to us or their practitioner.
- We allow but do not endorse practitioner recommendations to individuals. Any information provided by practitioners representing Seated Massage is the responsibility of the practitioner involved and the individuals receiving the information and not the responsibility of Seated Massage.
- Your attending practitioner reserves the right to refuse massage services for any individual for safety reasons.
Awesome! Get ready to feel amazing.
And please be sure to advise your practitioner on the day if any of the above changes for you in the meantime.
Now, here’s your chance to share the love!
Say thanks for your massage by giving what you can to OzHarvest, Australia’s leading food rescue organisation.
It’s quick and easy and as little as $1 donated provides 2 meals to people in need. (And yes, you’ll receive a tax receipt).
Want to know how to feel better more of the time? Subscribe to our weekly mailout.